Saturday, November 26, 2011

3D petal tutorial

Hello All,

I had been waiting for a chance to make this tutorial and I found one! :) I am sorry about me singing in the first video and the people talking in the second! I just didn't have a quiet enough environment to make this video :)

For the people with slow Internet connection, there are video snapshots at the end :)

Video 1: 3D petal tutorial


Video 2: 3D petal with embellishment


Snapshots for Video 1:




















Snapshots for Video 2:
















You can, of course, change (increase or decrease) the size and depth of the petals and also, shape them differently.

This is, of course, my take on the 3D petals made both by Manu and Nati in their posts. I made them for my B'day card, Thank You card and the jewellery box.

Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

10 comments:

PMT~ Meg said...

Thanks for making the video on these petals,Pritesh!! Is that you singing so sweetly in the background? Meg Crawford

Mihaela said...

Great tutorials, have a lot to learn from. Thanks for sharing!!!
Big hug!!!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Oops, that IS me Meg, I forgot I was making the video and didn't realize that I was singing until I watched the video again. I have this compulsive habit of singing all the time! :D
Thanks Mihaela! I learnt from your tutorial too :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Tx for the gr8 tutorials. I always learn a lot watching them. I like the way u make tight coiled petals.They r unique.Could u plz tell the length of the strip you used for the petal? Tx and hope to watch more of your tutorials in the future.

Sathya said...

nice tutorial and thatz real sweet singing Pritesh...

Anonymous said...

Nice videos Pritesh, I must say your voice is so soft n natural. I love the song... :)

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you everyone. Thusitha, I usually use A4 length strips (29.7 cm), shredded using a manual shredder :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

So glad you added the photos Pritesh! Thank You so much for the tutorial. Am editing my
Paper flower tutorials with link to this post
Hope you get lots of traffic
Love Sonia

Red Dragon said...

Can I ask a favor, how do you increase the size but at the end it still maintaining the petal shape and not turn into circle, can you show me the bigger petal like you used in your flowers?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ma'am, really like all your work especially the tutorials! It's such a help to beginners like me. I wanted to learn how to make a 3d layered Quilling flower... I don't know how to give it the dimension! Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance :)
Harshika