Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Pongal - Quilled Kolam :)


Hello All,

At the outset, my family and I wish you a very happy Pongal/Makar Sankranti. Pongal (in Tamil Nadu) and Makar Sankranti (in some parts of the country) are some the harvest festivals in India. My husband and I hail from two different parts of India and the festival is celebrated differently in our places. But the spirit of the festival remains the same - thanking Mother Nature for bestowing us with prosperity in form of good harvest. :) I love this culture of thanking Nature for helping us :)

Here is my colourful and highly symmetrical (12 fold symmetry) wish for all of you out there.........may Mother Nature bestow on your good health and peace of mind. Happy Pongal/Makar Sankranti.......



Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, plea

20 comments:

Hussena said...

this is simply gorgeous pritesh the burst of colors looks so beautiful...i love your kolam so so amazing...and wish you and your family a very happy pongal:)

Priya said...

Happy Pongal to you too and your family Pritesh..
the quilled kolam is so perfect and so colorful! Amazing piece of work!

Anca said...

Gorgeous indeed! I`m enchanted to know about your celebration through your work, we all have a lot of reasons to be greatfull to mother nature for. (I was wondering, is there any relation between Kolam and Mandala?)
Anca

Baukje said...

Beautiful and what you have beautiful colors, I love it
have a good weekend!
Greetings Baukje

Mihaela said...

OMG, What a beautiful and detailed work!!!

Smita Satish said...

beautiful!!!!amazing work..Happy makara sankrathi to you and your family..

Neli Quilling said...

Честит празник!Много красиво направено!Поздрави!

Artes de Nágela said...

Amazing work!
I loved it!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you so much everyone. I don't know if there is a connection between mandala and kolam Anca. At least, I don't know of one but then, the way things are inter-mingled, there may well be :)

Syaz said...

Wow..It's colourful..Happy Pongal to you and your family..

Sathya said...

Wow....pretty colorful and so much cheerful work!!!!

SUGANTHI said...

How beautiful!! I love this kolam so much. I can't stop admiring the perfection and symmetry. Outstanding!to say the least.

Szalonaisa said...

Looks amazing!! All that colours... A little bit of sunshine in my home :0

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks Nur, Sathya, Suganthi and Szalo :)

kiddo said...

Your quilled kolam is amazing! So colorful, so symetrcal and with so many beautifuly quilled shapes! Love it! A little late, but I wish you Happy Pongal!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you Irina :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such symmetry and perfection!! Hats off to you!

Лариса Литвиненко said...

Красиво!!! Люблю орнаменты!!!

Coca Matei said...

superb!Thank you for friendship, for advice sipentru ideas!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks Sonia, Larissa and Coca :)