Monday, January 23, 2012

Spiral roses tutorial

Hello All,

This post is again a quick post, just to post a tutorial as I was struggling with making my spiral roses right! A lot of people make spiral rose tutorials, mine is just an attempt at sharing small tips that help me get a seamless look to my roses :)

Please notice the small things:

1. I cut the outermost edge of the spiral to avoid the 'hollow' at the centre of the rose that you'd get if you kept the tapered end.
2. I use the centre of the circle for gluing the spiral rose, it gives a very continuous unfurling of petal look :)
3. The 'width' of the spiral decreases as I reach the centre. This will make the 'petal' slant outwards as you curl them with decreasing height. No idea about you but I loved that proper spiral look :)
4. At around 0:48, I cut a small part of the spiral to round off the cut. This again helps make a continuous looking rose :)

So, here is the video (followed by the traditional snapshots (for one of my closest "Blends" - Sonia) :)


Snapshots:

















Happy Quilling PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

13 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

good tutorial and pics, thanks for sharing!!!!
Paula

Priya Sivaraj said...

I have watched rose tutorials before.. but no tute said, all the hidden techniques! and I am really inspired to try these roses.. will post pics soon!

Coca Matei said...

thanks!I am delighted and Forever EVERYTHING TRIMITI.ESTE of real help.

Pritesh Dagur said...

You're most welcome Paula! Do try Priya, I will wait for the photos. You're welcome Coca :)

Kavya N said...

I just love these roses but I use a wave design scissors to cut so that they would look like petals!! Thanks for the tut!! Would be nice to see you at this time' quilling gathering !!!

Nupur Priya said...

Thanx a lot pritesh for this tutorial... I love these roses and have seen so many tutorials but I never got it right.... but this time I think I can do it... because as Priya has already mentioned you shared all the hidden techniques... :)

Baukje said...

I love it your work is all very nice!
Greetings Baukje

Soraya said...

another awesome tutorial! TFS

CraftyDaffy said...

Hi Pritesh! I have so say your cards and your quilling are gorgeous. I have never tried it, but the more I look at your work and see your tutorials, the closer I get to giving it a try. I also wanted to let you know that I would like to pass on the Liebster Blog award to you and your blog. Just pop over to my blog at http://craftydaffy.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog.html to pick it up. xx Denise

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!

Szalonaisa said...

Great tutorial!!! Thanks for shearing!!

PMT~ Meg said...

Thanks for this easy-to-follow tutorial, Pritesh. You're so generous with sharing your skill. Meg Crawford, Polly & Meg's Treasures

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thank you all so very much. I hope you all try it and find it useful :)